EVCMC-1B-60A, is an EV Energy Management System specifically designed to allow the connection of a charger to a panel that is at full capacity without affecting the load capacity limit of the feeder.
How it works:
- The EVCMC allows the connection of any EV charger to a fully loaded panel by managing the energy available at any given time, whether in a home or in a condo.
- The EVCMC reads in real-time the total power consumption of a home or condo electrical panel
- When the EVCMC detects that the total power consumption of the electrical panel is less than 80% for more than 15 minutes it automatically re-energizes the charger.
The EVCMC will only allow power to be delivered to the EV charger if the total demand of the panel is below its full capacity. EVCMC-1B-60A has the ability to receive and transmit load shedding instructions from an external energy management system via a dry contact input and output.
- Ideal when no more breaker slots are available in a panel
- Does not affect the limit set by the load calculation of the main distribution panel
- It is installed downstream from the Utility Meter, accounting for the EV Charger consumption in the bill